This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Fwd: Re: Newbie: How to get permissions working with 'ntsec']
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:25:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Newbie: How to get permissions working with 'ntsec']
- References: <3D0E24D3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 07:05:07PM +0100, Garry Heaton wrote:
> I've tried all these ntsec/ntea combinations but still have
> no permissions. Can anyone tell me how to get Cygwin working
> with standard UNIX file permissions? No-one seems to know how.
Apparently it works for most people otherwise we'd have way
more complains on this list.
Anyway, please set the env. variable CYGWIN to 'ntsec', nothing else,
then login and be sure to be in a directory on an NTFS file system.
Mail the output of the following commands to the list:
strace chmod 644 <AnyFile>
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html