This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 220.127.116.11 on Win2k hangs while uninstalling packages
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: "Robert L. Oelschlaeger" <roelsch at comtrak dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:52:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: Setup 18.104.22.168 on Win2k hangs while uninstalling packages
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- References: <000001c2160c$d457aed0$e5091bac@ELPASO>
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
RLO> Running setup.exe 22.214.171.124 on Win2K, Service Pack 2.
RLO> New packages are downloaded correctly (in this case, openssh needed an
RLO> update). When setup tries to uninstall the old openssh, it hangs, eventually
RLO> using up all available RAM, until a dialog box appears to warn about 'low on
RLO> system memory'.
Does it crash regardless of the package or just when uninstalling
OpenSSH ? Can you try to just uninstall a package (i.e. not automatic
uninstall as part of upgrading a package) and see if it crashes in
this case ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html