This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [CYGWIN] Perl with Postrges under Cygwin
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Jim.George" <jim dot george at blueyonder dot co dot uk>
- Cc: pgsql-cygwin at postgresql dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:10:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: [CYGWIN] Perl with Postrges under Cygwin
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <Pine.CYG.4.44.0206150910000.2696-100000@gateway.GEORGE.CO.UK>,<Pine.CYG.4.44.0206151919560.2696-100000@gateway.GEORGE.CO.UK>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase @ pgsql-cygwin" <pgsql-cygwin at postgresql dot org>
Am Samstag, 15. Juni 2002 um 10:17 schriebst du:
> That's where my problem starts. I went to CPAN to find a DBI and
> DBD for Postgres (had to grab the ODBC DBD as there wasn't one for
> Postgres), trouble is that the install of the DBI pgsql relies on dynamic
> libraries so I was hoping there was a binary port of these modules or
> advice on installation?
DBD::Pg builds OOTB, with current DBI and Cygwin Perl versions.
> Sorry I forgot to mention the most important part and that is that
> the files libpq.so and libpq-fe.h do not appear to be present under my Cygwin
> installation .
.so files are never there, just .dll libs. If you have installed
postgres there are also the libs and headers. Look in /lib or /bin
for the .dll's and in /usr/include/postgresql for the headers.
> The next thing I tried was the perl DBI module Postgres-1.4, however
> when compiling this I got the following errors.
> gcc -c -I/usr/local/postgres95/include -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O2 -DVERSION=\"1.4\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.4\"
> -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi/CORE Postgres.c
> Postgres.xs: In function `XS_PGconnPtr_getline':
> Postgres.xs:148: `sv_undef' undeclared (first use in this function)
> Postgres.xs:148: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> Postgres.xs:148: for each function it appears in.)
> Postgres.xs: In function `XS_QUERYPtr_fetchrow':
> Postgres.xs:339: `sv_undef' undeclared (first use in this function)
> make: *** [Postgres.o] Error 1
> Can someone help me please to get Perl and Postgres working?
What is the name of the module you are trying to compile?
Have you read the README in that package?
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
from squid/acinclude.m4, Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html