The Korn Shell [was: Re: What's Up With That (KSH)?]

--- Thomas Baker <thomas.baker@bi.fhg.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > Is anybody going to say something about the new link at the top of the
>
> > "Software" column on the Cygwin home page? The one that simply says
> "KSH
> > 5.2 (<http://www.megaservice.host.sk/pdksh-5.2.12-cygwin.tar.gz>) The
> Korn
> > Shell 5.12 Jun 11 2002, Diego Duarte
> (<mailto:sunossolaris@hotmail.com>)."
>
> Does anyone else get "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access
> pdksh-5.2.12-cygwin.tar.gz on this server"?

Tom,

I can confirm this, also when I tried to access id-utils.  I contacted him
earlier about id-utils, but I got no response.

If you are looking for The Official Korn Shell™, might I suggest
http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/ - which has Cygwin binaries and
source for KSH93.  This is the latest and greatest KSH from David Korn
provided in full open source form.  Do not be fooled by knockoffs, insist
on the real thing!  Anyhow, there are way too many new features in this
release, which aren't in pdksh, for me to go into detail, so just check
out the site to learn more.  There was someone who was working on
providing an "Official" package for Cygwin, but I haven't heard a peep out
of him since April.

Karsten, do you have a status update for us?

Cheers,
Nicholas