This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: running shell scripts
- From: Mathias Gygax <mg at trash dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:43:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: running shell scripts
- References: <076e01c21059$1cfd6ee0$0200a8c0@weiss>
On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:30:32AM +0200, Steven Weiss wrote:
> bash: ./work: No such file or directory
> I am trying to running a shell script from an interactive bash
> session. I get the following error when running the shell script. It
> seems to work when I put the #! /cygwin/bin/bash inside the script.
> Surely the script should run with the execute permissions set as they
that's the way it works. the first shee-bang line topmost, is the
associated interpreter. it could be just anything, from a shell script
to awk program.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html