This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installation problem: Bash commands not working
- From: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: Juergen <Juggle4Evr at gmx dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:16:51 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
- Subject: Re: Installation problem: Bash commands not working
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 00:05:56 +0200 Juergen <Juggle4Evr@gmx.de> wrote:
> I installed Cygwin on my Windows ME system and the installation seemed to
> work. But when opening a bash window I found that commands like "ls", "rm",
> etc. do not work. The error message is: command not found.
> What's wentr wrong with the installation? Any ideas?
Did you use http://cygwin.com/setup.exe to install Cygwin?
The output from 'cygcheck -s' may help you figure out what happened. "ls"
and "rm" are not bash commands, but executables in their own right.
Before you run setup.exe again, find and save setup.log.full, it may have
clues to what happened.
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html