This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin setup v126.96.36.199: does not display all available packages in local install mode
- From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall at rfk dot com>
- To: David T-G <davidtg-cygwin at justpickone dot org>, "CygWin Users' List" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:40:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin setup v188.8.131.52: does not display all available packages in local install mode
- References: <1023223026.24296.64.camel@urkle><1023223026.24296.64.camel@urkle>
At 04:58 PM 6/4/2002, David T-G wrote:
>...and then Edward Rudd said...
>% a related question to the problem is:
>% Is there a way to MANUALLY install a package? (ie. through a command
>% line installer?)
>This one I think I know... Just cd to / and tar xpfz (perhaps xpfj)
>the package tarball to extract it; aside from some of the core stuff,
>I believe that's all setup.exe has to do for all of the rest of the
Actually, setup will do more. It handles running any post-install script
While it's not recommended that someone try to install packages by a method
other than setup.exe, it is possible to do if you know what you're doing.
To answer Edward's question, however, there is not, at this time, a command-
line version of setup.
Larry Hall email@example.com
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html