This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gpg 1.0.6 hangs in rxvt 2.7.2-10 on Windows 2000
- From: Matt McClure <mlm at aya dot yale dot edu>
- To: Andy Freeman <news at symbad dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, gnupg-users at gnupg dot org
- Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:41:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: gpg 1.0.6 hangs in rxvt 2.7.2-10 on Windows 2000
- Organization: me
- References: <3CF7F124.firstname.lastname@example.org> <001501c209a2$ebf689b0$22d0c150@SYMBIOSYSNT>
Andy Freeman wrote:
> It could be to do with the user context that your cygwin rxvt runs in.
> I don't know what "cygwin rxvt" is,
> but we had an identical (symptom-wise) problem
> trying to run it from a web application.
> It reads the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key,
> which is inaccessible to the standard web user.
> This is also the case for Services.
> Assuming that cygwin is running in the web context or as a Service,
I'm just one user, logged in, using rxvt as a terminal, trying to run
gpg from the bash prompt within the rxvt. So unless there's some
user-changing magic going on behind my back, I don't think this is the
Can anyone else reproduce this?
We need to pitch better, we need to hit better, we need to play
better defense. Aside from that, we're fine.
- Joe Torre
Description: PGP signature