This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
The /etc/hosts file (was Re: ssh and name resolution)
- From: "John Vincent" <jpv50 at hotmail dot com>
- To: michael dot wardle at adacel dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 21:29:35 +0000
- Subject: The /etc/hosts file (was Re: ssh and name resolution)
On Win98 it's at c:\WINDOWS\Hosts.sam (but it's still the
same text format)
Would it be a good idea if the cygwin setup.exe did made
/etc/hosts a symlink to the appropriate file? That way
any changes made to /etc/hosts would then be reflected
in the name resolution routines.
>Remember that windows has it's own hosts file. For example
>on Win2K and WinNT it's at c:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
>I hope this helps.
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html