This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
inetd / ftpd file permissions
- From: "Craveiro, Marco" <Marco dot Craveiro at solvay dot com>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:51:53 +0200
- Subject: inetd / ftpd file permissions
i have a little problem again (bad week). i started using cygwin's ftp
server instead of NT's. its working fine but the default permissions for the
files are different and they are causing problems with some of my scripts. i
searched the web and found the exact answer for this problem: a wrapper
script (but not specifically for cygwin). i then
1) installed the wrapper under /usr/sbin/in.ftpd-wrapper.sh and chmoded it
to 755. contents:
2) changed my /etc/inetd.conf to
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd-wrapper.sh
3) stopped and started the service.
unfortunately, i still get my files transferred with 022 permissions. i
couldn't find anything in cygwin's mailing list about this. is this the
right way to do it for cygwin?
thanks for your time.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html