This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygrunsrv and backups
- From: "Craveiro, Marco" <Marco dot Craveiro at solvay dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:37:10 +0200
- Subject: Cygrunsrv and backups
First many thanks for a great product, its getting greater with each
release. Contrary to some people on this list I have had no problems with
it. in fact, I have just finished installing it on a production server (nt
4.0) and two workstations (w2k and XP) without any problems whatsoever;
setup.exe is brilliant. Also, huge thanks for the person that put in the
script that configures TeX, I was just about to start reading the howto's
Now, for my problem: I need to start backing up data using cygwin. I did a
search on the web but there are no obvious docs about it. Can someone point
- docs (or posts) talking about setting up cron and ssh as a service, or
describing cygrunsrv with different services. I have found a brilliant howto
Inetd, is there something like that for these other services?
- docs (or posts) talking about backing up data using cygwin: how do you
rewind the tape,
Append data, etc.
If none or some of it is not possible please let me know.
Thanks for your time!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html