This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SETUP.EXE (126.96.36.199) Download from Internet - Problem or Feature
- From: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: Stephan Borchert <sborc at web dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 00:14:46 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
- Subject: Re: SETUP.EXE (188.8.131.52) Download from Internet - Problem or Feature
- References: <200204230654.g3N6s5v13260@mailgate5.cinetic.de>
- Reply-to: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:54:05 +0200 Stephan Borchert <email@example.com> wrote:
> Michael A Chase <firstname.lastname@example.org> schrieb am 23.04.02:
> > The setup.exe session log is written to /var/log/setup.log and
> > /var/log/setup.log.full.
> Yes, for the installation but not for downloaded only. Their is no log
> for downloaded files. The reason for my question is, i want to have one
> uptodate directory (CD-RW) for a number of PC.
For downloads, the log files should be written in the local files base
directory. I just did a download today. The files were written
correctly and the code that writes the logs hasn't changed between your
version and mine.
You can use a Perl script I've written to remove obsolete files and
consolidate your directories. It's available in
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~mchase/zip/clean_setup.zip . You will want a
copy of setup.exe and the latest setup.ini on the CD; the base directory of
the local files tree would probably be the best place.
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.htm
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html