Where is the manual to manually install Cygwin in Windiows 2000

The last time I tried the installer I did not like the result.  So now I
have downloaded all the packages I need evne the docs.  But I see nothing
about how to install this manually; what environment variables I should set.
Nothing at all.  All I see is telling me to use the installer.  If I do not
want to do this does that mean I cannot install Cygwin in Windows 2000?
Thanks.

--
George Hester