This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fetchmail-5.9.11-2 now uploaded (was: Re: fetchmail still corruptsfiles ?)
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:07:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: fetchmail-5.9.11-2 now uploaded (was: Re: fetchmail still corruptsfiles ?)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 06:09:02PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> I would be pleased to hear if it works on W2K without corrupting
> binary attachments (or was it even corrupting text attachments?).
Initially, I thought that it had to do with binary attachments.
After reading the fetchmail code, I feel relatively sure that any aspect
of the mail can get corrupted because the routine that I patched is very
low level. In fact, it is the routine that reads characters off of the
socket connected to the mail server.
I think that the probability of corruption is higher with larger
messages which may explain why I first noticed the problem with a
message that contained a binary attachment.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html