This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] cygutils:conv.c: Prevent truncation of file if 0xFF is encountered
- From: "Chris January" <chris at atomice dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:52:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] cygutils:conv.c: Prevent truncation of file if 0xFF is encountered
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Hello ;)
> Today a colleague of mine was struck by a bug of dos2unix/unix2dos
> utilities i.e. if the code encounters 0xFF in the file being processed
> it erronously thinks that this is the EOF and stops processing. The
> result is that the original file is truncated to the position of the
> 0xFF character.
> As to why we have such characters in source file - our mother language
> is bulgarian and we sometimes still type comments in it :)
> A patch is attached to fix this behaviour.
See my reply on cygwin-patches mailing list.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html