Re: rxvt cursor corruption under WinXP/ClearType

I have the same problem with rxvt. I did not know about reverting to
courier as a workaround -- thanks!

Emacs-NT also has this problem (but only occasionally). They claim that it
is because Windows with cleartype lies about how to compute a bounding box
for a font but MS will not share the information. File under "yet another
example of why the DOJ consent degree sucks."

Jason Rumney from the emacs devel seems to have some good information on
the problem. See, for example,
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-emacs-windows/2002-April/001355.html