This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Authorization required to post to gmane.os.cygwin (954ec216bef617b06deed1cd96d944f3)
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot NO dot gatech dot SPAM dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 20:18:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: Authorization required to post to gmane.os.cygwin (954ec216bef617b06deed1cd96d944f3)
- References: <20020404203727.76D762CB58@inet1.ywave.com> <E16tE1e-00041Jemail@example.com> <20020404204357.GA2090@redhat.com>
I dunno, Chris -- this looks like an autoresponder to me. I think the
gmane <-> cygwin gateway is misconfigured; authorization communications
with people trying to post to a list should be handled via private mail
between the robot and the poster, and not copied to the list itself.
Also, IIRC the guy who runs the gmane gateway isn't a regular
reader/subscriber of ALL of the lists hosted there...so he probably has
no idea that this is happening...so...
If there's anybody on the list who uses the gmane.os.cygwin gateway
regularly, please contact the gmane admin (I forget his name) and notify
him of this problem...
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 10:40:06PM +0200, Gmane Autoauthorizer wrote:
>>You are now authorized to post to the
>>The original message you sent to the newsgroup will be
>>posted within five minutes.
> And, Mr. Auth at Gmane dot Org, your next message to this mailing list
> will be blocked.
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html