This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ncftp current release won't run - missing CYGREADLINE5.DLL
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:00:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: ncftp current release won't run - missing CYGREADLINE5.DLL
- References: <3CAB244D.E8F559B0@netscape.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:48:29AM -0800, Gord Wait wrote:
>I lost the last word on the subject line when I posted the email you
>It turns out, no you can't just re run setup.exe on an already
>installed cygwin and expect it to work. It might delete a dll or two
>for you due to an install bug.
That is just not true. Please don't spread misinformation.
1) The reasons for dlls to be deleted have been explained in countless email
messages. It isn't a random event. setup.exe doesn't delete a dll every
time it is run. It is ludicrous to assert this.
2) Robert has indicated that the situation which caused deletion of a DLL
has been eliminated.
Larry has already provided the needed information in this very thread.
He obviously understands whats going on here. You don't.
Since you aren't really clear on what's happening, you probably shouldn't be
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html