This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: grep-2.5g
- From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 19:09:50 -0800
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: grep-2.5g
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
- References: <200202220253.g1M2rqh01431@cgf.cipe.redhat.com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I've made a new version of 'grep' available for download. This updates
> the package to the latest version available from ftp.gnu.org. I've
> included the update info from the /usr/doc/grep-2.5g/NEWS file below.
> For a brief descripton of this package, see http://cygwin.com/packages/ .
Could we get grep to silently ignore directories? For example, if I grep "asdf" *
and there exists a directory called foo I see:
grep: foo: is a directory
I see there is a -d option and I can say -d skip. I guess what I'm asking for then is
to have -d default to skip instead of read.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html