This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
sshd makeing noisy shells
- From: "Lucas Smith" <spankylucas at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:06:57
- Subject: sshd makeing noisy shells
i have gotten sshd running as a service on a win2k box, with RSA
authentication. however i have run into two problems.
1) i had to let sshd log itself in on the win2k using my normal user acount
to that the RSA authentication would work. why is this? is there a more
elegent work around? (like can i make a special acount for sshd and give
that acount what ever rights/properties it needs so that sshd can work
properly with RSA authentication)
2) when i log in from a linux (debian) box all is well and i get access but
then the strangness begins. what ever command i type the consol beeps,
though it does complete the command. and if i type ls for example i get
the whole time (along with a beep) instead of the .. and . directories.
so if i do "ls" in a directory with just the file test.txt in it i recieve
whats really odd is that everything works fine if i use the ssh client on
the win2k box and ssh in localy.
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html