This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: BUG with 1.3.9 : -mno-cygwin target still depends on cygwin1.dll
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:35:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: BUG with 1.3.9 : -mno-cygwin target still depends on cygwin1.dll
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 12:52:13AM +0100, Vincent GOMEZ wrote:
>I'm currently working on a cygwin32 port of DevIL (http://openil.sf.net).
Sorry, but I beg to differ. 1) It's "cygwin" not "cygwin32". 2) You're not
working on a cygwin port if you are linking with -mno-cygwin.
Assuming that you get this working with -mno-cygwin, you will have produced
a executable which will be a straight windows program. It won't understand
cygwin paths, signals, symbolic links, etc.
>I get strange results when trying to compile the libs with -mno-cygwin
>(we prefer to not depend on cygwin unix emulation as we don't need it,
>we just use standard C functions)
Sounds like you should move over to www.mingw.org, then.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html