This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: virus warning
- From: Peter Buckley <peter dot buckley at cportcorp dot com>
- To: "Schlichtemeier, Joel" <Joel dot Schlichtemeier at ausinfo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:42:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: virus warning
- References: <E0DD84E4C306394C8C897D3ED9BB17E1333069@aisexch.ausinfo.com>
False positive. The latest version of the defs 40213av 02/13/02 correct
this mistake by symantec.
Schlichtemeier, Joel wrote:
> Be careful downloading the distributions. I've found the backdoor.egghead virus (a def for it was just put up by Symantec) in cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of which mirror I got it from. The definition and removal instructions are here:
> Now that they've updated their defs, your default download scan should pick it up.
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
1 Timothy 4:12 (NIV)- Don't let anyone look down on you because you are
young, but set an example for the believers
in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html