Re: how to create a new user

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 05:26:54PM -0500, Alex BATKO wrote:
> I'm not sure if you made a mistake or not, in typing the '-u' flag,
> because my mkpasswd doesn't support that option.

I have the latest greatest Cygwin possible (don't have
version numbers in front of me at the moment), but mkpasswd -u <user>
means "make a password entry just for the given user"

> We are doing pretty much the same things (in creating a user), but
> I get permission denied after entering the password (during an ssh
> attempt).  You don't have this problem ?  Can you think of anything
> that might be responsible for this ?

/usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-***.README solved all of my problems when I
actually read and followed the direction given therein.

--
Ryan T. Sammartino
http://members.shaw.ca/ryants/