This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs
- From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <lassi dot tuura at cern dot ch>
- To: "Hildenbrand, Patrick" <patrick dot hildenbrand at sap dot com>
- Cc: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:45:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs
- Organization: Northeastern University, Boston, USA
- References: <1275A224C449D4119CE900508B6FF0B302D32CF2@dewdfx20>
> I did follow this discussion, but this one is totally unrelated as the
> startup fails every time using cygrunsrv and works ok every time using
> invoker AND because sshd even never gets started.
sshd never gets started, or never executes? IIRC "service starts" means
that it does something magic within 30 seconds of getting executed;
otherwise it gets registered as failed to start. That doesn't mean the
program didn't run. As for invoker, I do not know what it does -- it
could run just enough slower that the other service has a chance to
You may of course be completely right, the problem could be elsewhere.
Just make sure that's the case -- don't dismiss the possibility without
I probably can't help you much more as I haven't had this type of
service start-up problem, only permission issues that were fairly
trivial to solve. Try checking the multitude of permission-related
issues people have solved and reported previously on this list.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html