This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs
- From: Luke Bakken <luke_bakken at yahoo dot com>
- To: "Lassi A. Tuura" <lassi dot tuura at cern dot ch>
- Cc: "Hildenbrand, Patrick" <patrick dot hildenbrand at sap dot com>, "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:55:49 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs
- Reply-to: luke_bakken at yahoo dot com
I specifically remember someone mentioning the "Browser" service
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Lassi A. Tuura wrote:
> This could be due to service start-up delays. There was discussion on
> this in last October or thereabouts: exactly what other services sshd
> should depend on to start reliably. IIRC there were different solutions
> for different conditions and no universal solution; the failures were
> caused by TCP/IP or some related part had not properly started yet at
> the time sshd was attempting to start.
> Search the mail archive for more details. Look into your event logs to
> see if there are differences in the service startup order, especially on
> the failing machines.
> Klein bottle for rent; enquire within.
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Man has survived hitherto because he was ignorant
to know how to realise his wishes
Now that he can realise
them, he must either change them or perish
Williams, "The Orchestra"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html