This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Getting crypt to work under RedHat 7.1?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: Guillermo Morales <guillemorales at netscape dot net>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:20:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: Getting crypt to work under RedHat 7.1?
- References: <54A4BD35.5CC5977B.7C2A4C79@netscape.net>
On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:40:38AM -0500, Guillermo Morales wrote:
> I just downloaded and uncompressed crypt-1.0-1.tar.gz (I found it at http://www.carfield.com.hk/mirror/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/latest/crypt/).
> It uncompressed all the files as expected. Then I tried to run it by using the command "crypt" but all I get is the following message:
> "bash: crypt: command not found"
> I'm using RedHat with all the patches applied.
> Could you please tell me what I am missing? How do you get crypt to work?
You're waaaaay off. "Cygwin" is a POSIX layer for Windows.
Libs for Windows won't run under Linux, apparently.
Therefore you should never install packages on your Linux
box which smell just a bit as "Cygwin".
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html