This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem with libz.a
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: "Prateek, Arora (MED)" <Arora dot Prateek at med dot ge dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:20:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: problem with libz.a
- References: <03103B25E6824C498938B17F4E9C1628C2B5D6@frbucmsx09medge>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Please keep replies on the list.
Prateek, Arora (MED) wrote:
> The exact error is
> unresolved external symbole gzseek ........
Okay, that's half of what I asked for.
> I am using the cygwin tool , which contain the libz.a lib file
> Can you tell me how I resolved this Problem
Now, what is the exact link command that failed? it should be something
gcc -o foo.exe bar.o -L/usr/lib -lz
What are you trying to compile? What is the output of 'cygcheck -s -v -r'?
>> I have a big problem with the libz.a , I have used the gzopen , gzseek,
>>gzread command which are define in the libz.a In the compile time I don,t
>>get any error but the link time my application doesnot found this function
>>can you please tell me what should I do
> You should provide more information. For instance, the exact link
> command you used, the exact error message returned, etc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html