This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygwin redistribution and gpl requirements
- From: Jon Allen <jallen at logistic-systems dot com>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:30:59 -0700
- Subject: cygwin redistribution and gpl requirements
My company wants to re-distribute some of the pre-compiled cygwin utilities,
e.g. grep.exe. These utilities will be distributed without modification,
and to make them run we will copy the needed cygwin dll's. I assume we will
maintain GPL compliance if we:
1. Include a copy of the GPL with the programs.
2. Reference source code availability at http://cygwin.com
Is this sufficient?
Thanks in advance,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html