This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Jon Foster" <jon at jon-foster dot co dot uk>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 17:44:38 -0000
- Subject: Re: /dev/registry
- References: <014a01c1acc9$7324cc80$0100a8c0@advent02>
"Chris January" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrtote:
> How about adding a /dev/registry fhandler to Cygwin?
> Registry keys would be directories and values in the
> registry files.
UWIN (a commercial alternative to cygwin) has
something similar. See
They use /reg, but I agree that /dev/registry or
/proc/registry would be better.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at
the ground and miss." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy