This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: changing default text type without reinstall?
- From: "Michael A Chase" <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Steinar Bang" <sb at dod dot no>
- Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:46:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: changing default text type without reinstall?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steinar Bang" <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 07:35
Subject: changing default text type without reinstall?
> Platform: CygWin 1.3.2, CygWin/XFree86 4.1.0, Win2k
> Is it possible to change from text type "Unix" to text type "DOS",
> without reinstall?
> Will changing the text type give cygwin/xfree86 problems?
I don't know, but probably not.
> Is it possible to make cygwin cvs do line ending conversion, without
> changing the default text type of the entire cygwin installation?
I'm not familiar enough with CVS to comment on this.
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.htm
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html