This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CHMOD propblem !!!
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: "JOSE (GRI)" <gri at netcom dot es>
- Cc: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:22:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: CHMOD propblem !!!
- References: <3C30387D.8E5C5372@netcom.es>
Are you running Windows NT or alike (Win2000 or XP) ? Did you restart
you bash session after setting the CYGWIN variable ?
JOSE (GRI) wrote:
> I can't change permissions using chmod (chmod: changing permissions of
> `a.txt': Permission denied).Although I am the owner of the file.
> I have set CYGWIN=ntsec, and run "mkpasswd -l -g > passwd" and "mkgroup
> -l > group" to set up passwords and groups.
> What am I doing wrong?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html