This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: few more questions
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>,"Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:50:47 +1100
- Subject: Re: few more questions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3BF83C82.email@example.com> <20011119001720.GA20633@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3BF88E1C.email@example.com> <010701c18fa6$4f07aa10$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
Answering my own comment...
Digging back into the thread for completeness, Chris suggested you send
your one-question per email assertion to ESR for inclusion. I concur,
because while it's an obvious corollary to a hacker, it's likely to be
non obvious to those who will gain the most benefit from the essay in
the first place.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Collins" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "Charles Wilson" <email@example.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2001 12:48 AM
Subject: Re: few more questions
> Just cleaning up my mailbox, found this unansewered...
> I took the single question pre mail as a corollary to
> "Use meaningful, specific subject headers". If you have two
> then a meaningful specific subject header becomes much less likely.
> (*) Questions in the sense of a group of tightly bound statements and
> requests, not in the sense of a single sentence with a '?' tacked on
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Charles Wilson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> To: "Robert Collins" <email@example.com>
> Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 3:44 PM
> Subject: Re: few more questions
> > Robert Collins wrote:
> > > IIRC it is in the ESR document. Hmm.
> > Well, he says hackers don't like open-ended time sinks. He also
> > subject lines should be descriptive. But I *don't* see where he
> > a single message should not contain multiple questions. Wanna give
> > section reference where he says that?
> > --Chuck
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html