This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup.exe snapshot
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 13:43:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: Setup.exe snapshot
- References: <02b801c18bb1$ad62f360$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 11:59:33PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>* Dependencies will only trigger installation of a package - they won't
>force an upgrade of an installed package. (with the caveat that in the
>future versioned dependencies may force upgrades).
Isn't this what has consistently gotten us into trouble? Why not force
an update of a package if a package that depends on it is being upgraded?
This seems more intuitive to me.
Also, if we have no way to install all packages, then I think this new
release should be delayed. We've been promising this for months.
If all that we need, however, is for upset to add things to a "Full"
category, which can be selected, I can do that.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html