Re: linking with glut32.lib?

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to get a GLUT application compiled under cygwin and am
>having a spot of bother.  I've got it going fine under Linux (my
>preferred platform - I try not to touch Windows if I can help it), but
>I'd like to have Windows users be able to run it too and Cygwin seemed
>the obvious choice.

GLUT support is already included in cygwin's openGL package.

>Anyway I've put glut32.{dll,lib} from
>http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut/glut-3.7.6-bin.zip and

Scrap that. Use cygwin's openGL package instead.

>{glu,opengl}32.{dll,lib} from
>http://download.microsoft.com/download/win95upg/info/1/W95/EN-US/Opengl95.exe
>in /usr/local/lib and then tried to link it like this:
>
>   gcc *.o /usr/local/lib/glut32.lib /usr/local/lib/opengl32.lib \
>     /usr/local/lib/glu32.lib -lm -o program
>
>but I get errors like this:
>
>   whatever.o:123: undefined reference to `glutInit@8'

Wrong glut.h; glut functions are not properly declared; that leads to
linking problems.

>so am I right in thinking there's something wrong with glut32.lib?
>All the references to functions in opengl32.lib and glu32.lib resolve
>OK, but not any to the functions in glut32.lib.  How can I fix this or
>is there a different glut32.{dll,lib} that I should be using?
>
>Thanks for any assistance,
>Mark.

After you install cygwin's openGL package, please read
/usr/doc/opengl-1.1.0/README.txt for usefull clues.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)