This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Xemacs/cygwin 21.4.3 and new console window during compilation
- From: Dmitry Bely <dbely at mail dot ru>
- To: Andy Piper <andy at xemacs dot org>
- Cc: xemacs-winnt at xemacs dot org, ben at xemacs dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: 18 Dec 2001 11:11:10 +0300
- Subject: Re: Xemacs/cygwin 21.4.3 and new console window during compilation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andy Piper <email@example.com> writes:
> So my supposition is that a console window is created because XEmacs
> doesn't have one by default when started from the desktop.
Why then MSVC-compiled XEmacs does not popup new console in the same
situation? It also seems not to have one by default ...
> The reason
> it works in bash is that children inherit their parent's console by
> default and somewhere up the foodchain cygwin has a console. I have no
> idea how we could fix this. I imagine that if we do AllocConsole in
> the cygwin version of XEmacs that whilst this may stop your program
> creating a console we will get an ugly console popping up for XEmacs
> as a whole. Maybe this is acceptable, I don't know. I'm CC'ing ben and
> the cygwin list to see if any windows gurus have any great ideas on
> this score.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html