This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe question/feature request
- From: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: Pat Gunn <qc at apk dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: 18 Dec 2001 01:10:59 +1100
- Subject: Re: setup.exe question/feature request
- References: <E16FxaY-0003JQfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 23:48, Pat Gunn wrote:
> Hi, didn't see this in the FAQ, and wasn't sure what to
> search for in the archive.
> Is it possible to make a manifest file of 'what to install'
> for setup.exe? I have a network of several boxen that ideally
> would have the exact same setup, with the installer able to
> run without manual package selection. If not, I hereby request
> this as a feature.
You can use the technique I described about 2 hours ago to do this (with
the next release of setup). BTW: file:// url's are supported for mirror
Also if you were to contribute to the command line options work for
setup, that would allow script driven installs.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html