Can cygwin and Rational Rose coexist ?

My cygwin was working fine (also xfree).
But today I had to install Rational Rose at work.
Now I have problems with cygwin. I already adjusted the HOME environment
variable. But there are still more problems. I think this is because
Rational Rose sets a lot of environment variables common to unix. It
also brings some unix tools within it's PATH.

Can somebody tell me what environment variables are relevant to cygwin.
In this case I could adjust them in the batchfile that starts cygwin.

Yours:
Rainer Lehrig