This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe not working with PPPoE
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: Tony Nicol <tony_nicol at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:36:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: setup.exe not working with PPPoE
- References: <F85tUfCMDQ3CsYx7Bdz00003099@hotmail.com>
It's not setup.exe - maybe you are behind a firewall
and you need a http proxy to access the web. If this
is the case just try using one of the proxy or IE5
methods instead of direct.
Tony Nicol wrote:
> I am running windows 2000 (Service Pack 2) using ADSL (over PPPoE - =
> using ethernet adapter/dialup adsl link)
> I normally have no other problems with any part of the internet but....
> The setup program when it looks for mirrors.lst fails immediately and =
> comes back with the same choose download method screen (no matter what =
> method I choose)... tried everything I can think of with no avail
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html