This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: from localhost: yes - from remote host: no
- From: "Geoff Soutter" <gsoutter at molten dot com dot au>
- To: "'Sommer Thorsten'" <Thorsten dot Sommer at volkswagen dot de>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:01:00 +1100
- Subject: RE: from localhost: yes - from remote host: no
- Reply-to: <gsoutter at molten dot com dot au>
> I have setup a sshd as described her:
> and "ssh localhost" works just fine.
I'm no expert, but I just set up SSHD from scratch and I looked at this
document and it looked kind of out of date. It should work just by running
ssh-host-config -y and ssh-user-config -y from what I remember. For example,
ssh-host-config installs the sshd service for you.
However, make sure your home dir in /etc/passwd is a local dir. Windows
shares seem to confuse it!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html