This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: UNIX Sockets - Broadcast address
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:45:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: UNIX Sockets - Broadcast address
- References: <F76FutJLtosJ3Ih7jtr00000651@hotmail.com>
On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 02:36:10AM +0000, Kay M wrote:
> OK I didnt mean connecting in the socket API sense.....erm but when bind
> takes place an error is given. I specified 127.255.255.255 and even
> INADDR_BROADCAST......still same error.
> Even tried some demo files from socket book. #
> All ok with Linux.
Did you call setsockopt(..., SO_REUSEADDR, ...) before binding?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html