This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: inetutils-1.3.2-16
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 04:09:40 -0500
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: inetutils-1.3.2-16
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've updated the version of inetutils in cygwin/latest to 1.3.2-16.
This package is created for running under Cygwin 1.3.6. It's untested
under earlier versions of Cygwin.
Version 1.3.2-16 containes the following changes:
- In rexecd, cleanup sources to use Cygwins setuid features. Rexecd
now works but after finishing the command, some clients complain
about `Connection reset by peer'.
- Thanks to Chuck Higgins <email@example.com> for:
Eliminate glitches in rexecd/rexecd.c and talk/msgs.c to allow
compiling with latest Cygwin again.
- Thanks to Enrico Bernardini <enrico@adm.Unipi.IT> for:
In inetd, fix using wrong datatype (short) for a PID value, resulting
in inetd not restarting service when PID is out of range for short.
- In iu-config add option processing for the following
--debug -d Enable shell's debug output.
--yes -y Answer all questions with "yes" automatically.
--no -n Answer all questions with "no" automatically.
- iu-config is now also copied to /etc/postinstall. This means, from
now on the config files in /etc are created by Cygwin's setup.exe on
installing/updating inetutils-1.3.2. The files aren't overwritten
if they already exist, though.
- Change Makefiles and configure files to install everything now correctly
in one go. Explicitly exclude syslogd when building for Cygwin. This
excludes syslog.conf.5 from getting installed, too.
- The description of the configure options used for the Cygwin build at the
end of the /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README file is correct now.
- When updating inetutils, take care that inetd.exe and subsequent
processes don't run anymore.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system.
Run setup and answer all of the questions.
Note that if this is the first time that you've run the new GUI version
of setup, it will currently download the whole cygwin net release again.
After this point it will only download what is needed.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org . I would appreciate
if you would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.
This includes ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html