This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: grep refusing to descend into directories on Win95
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Charles Hixson <charleshixsn at earthlink dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 07:50:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: grep refusing to descend into directories on Win95
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3C0E734F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am 2001-12-05 um 20:19 schriebst du:
> grep has been refusing to descend into directories on my Win95
> Any suggestions?
I have a version of rgrep which acts a little friendlier here:
http://familiehaase.de/cygwin.html, (look for rgrep-1.6.tar.bz2)
There is also the manpage online.
The rgrep package is about 30kb (sources and binaries included).
Just unpack it somewhere (it creates its own subdirectory), and
move the binary where you want it to live.
Gerrit P. Haase mailto:email@example.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html