This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XP 64 bit : 32 bit emulation : fork problem : Cygwin 1.3.5
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- Cc: Basant Kukreja <Basant dot Kukreja at oracle dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:55:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: XP 64 bit : 32 bit emulation : fork problem : Cygwin 1.3.5
- References: <3C0BDA7F.9610AAC3@oracle.com> <email@example.com>
Tim Prince wrote:
> The most recent success story I have heard, with a modified cygwin1.dll (not
> supported on this list) was with XP Server build 3505. My last success
> with a Pro build was with build 2446. These builds have changed continually
> in the details relevant to cygwin, which must be one of the strategies
> employed by Microsoft to discourage use of cygwin.
Maybe I'm begin naive, but I don't think MS gives a rat's #!&# about
cygwin -- certainly not enough to deliberately modify things just to
screw us up. I mean, c'mon, we're not Lotus...
fork/exec is pretty hard to get "right" -- even when you throw thousands
of code monkeys at the problem. I'm not surprised that things are
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html