This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: A suggestion
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Milscvaer" <millueradfa at yahoo dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:33:25 +1100
- Subject: Re: A suggestion
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Milscvaer" <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 7:11 AM
Subject: A suggestion
> I greatly enjoy and apprieciate using the Cygwin
> system. I find it to be an extremely useful and
> important software.
> I have a few suggestions on how it could be further
There are some issues with what you describe.
* Win9x has no interprocess security. ANY security can be bypassed with
~3 Win32 system calls.
* On NT FAT drives, using Cygwin=NTEA will give you a similar result to
what you describe.
Lastly, there is an existing standard for putting *nix overlays onto a
FAT drive. It's called UMSDOS, and I've a patch set for cygwin floating
around somewhere that goes some way towards implementing it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html