This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: incorrect terminfo link in /lib and /usr/lib
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Lester Ingber <ingber at ingber dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 17:38:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: incorrect terminfo link in /lib and /usr/lib
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <20011202094108.A27912@ingber.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am 2001-12-02 um 16:41 schriebst du:
> In my current install of 1.35 I saw the soft links of the terminfo links
> in /lib and /usr/lib to be incorrect. I replaced both links to point
> to /usr/share/terminfo, which I assume was the intended target?
For me the link in /usr/lib is correct:
/usr/lib/terminfo -> ../share/terminfo/
However, it is wrong in /lib
> I did not install Xfree86. However, I thought that gs would
> still work? I tried gs /usr/share/ghostscript/6.51/examples/tiger.gs,
> but get?
According to the README it works:
$ gs -sDEVICE=jpeg -dBATCH -sOutputFile=tiger.jpg \
GNU Ghostscript 6.51 (2001-03-28)
Copyright (C) 2001 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file COPYING for details.
>>showpage, press <return> to continue<<
The jpeg looks nice if viewed with ImageMagick's 'display'.
Gerrit P. Haase mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html