Cygwin Server

I'm looking for the most effective means to serve out
bash and Unix utilities to @500 non-Unix clients in an
application server environment.  We're in a mixed
environment of VMS, Windows, and HP-UX.  The goal is
to utilize and develop a common shell across
platforms.

	Interactive login would not be necessary.  I'd prefer
an "Administrator" login, with the rest of the clients
running secured noninteractive logins.

	File storage should not be allowed, (with the
exception of temp's).

	If Microsoft security is the easiest way to
administer and secure fine, but I'd rather adhere to
more Open approaches.

I've searched the web and the answer is not so
obvious.  I realized the original intention for Cygwin
was to port code, but is serving bash, perl, gcc, etc.
now within the scope of Cygwin and is it currently
feasable?

	If a single copy of Cygwin can be served out I
understand that it is multi-threaded, but it does have
security vulnerabilities in a multi-user environment.
Where is it practical to implement?

  	If a single copy of Cygwin can be served out, are
there any benchmarks, etc. for performance?

Ideally if there's a "How-To" for served environments
I'd appreciate a copy.  Any pointers or references
would be great.

Thx,

cs