De : Tony Arnold [mailto:tony.arnold@man.ac.uk]
Envoyé : jeudi, 8. novembre 2001 15:35
À : cygwin@cygwin.com
Objet : cygrunsrv won't start services

I've been hgaving a problem recently whereby cygrunsrv won't start services
such as cron and sshd. I get the following (there is about a 30 second wait
between typing the command and getting the error message):

[501]zzalsaca@ACA-VNT$ cygrunsrv --start sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1053: The
service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I get the same when I start cron. Curiously cron starts up OK when I reboot,
but sshd does not, so I may have more than one problem here.

I'm running the latest versions of all cygwin packages (updated to today) on
W2K SP2. I'm logged in locally as a user in the administrators group;
there's no NT domains involved here.

Oddly, this used to all work. I'm not sure when this stopped working but it
may well coincide with moving to SP2 from SP1!

I've searched the FMLA, but can't see anything relevant to this, and I've
read the notes on cygrunsrv. I'm attaching an strace output from the above
command if that is of any use.

Even if no-one has seen this before any hints about where to start looking
or how to find more information would be most welcome. I'm giving a talk and
live demo to our local linux user group a week on Saturday, and I would
really like it all to be working!

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold, Deputy to the Head of COS Division, Manchester Computing,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL.