Cygwin && C++ POSIX threads support?

All--

I've been blissfully submerged in the seamless world of server-side
Java development for several years and decided to brush up on my C++
chops (for reasons including, but not limited to, boredom, warfare,
economy, and masochism).

However, since sitting down to a very usable Emacs 21.1/Cygwin 1.0
development environment on a Win2K box, I seem to be missing runtime
threading support in C++ (using the stock gcc/g++ compiler and
libraries that come w/ Cygwin 1.0).

Oddly enough, I can compile multi-threaded object code.  However,
I can't link into an executable.  I've tried explicitly linking
against the pthreads library, to no avail (here's a shot at no
library specification, -lpthread, and -lpthreads -- for good
measure):

g++ -Wall Task.o QueueProcessor.o Driver.o -o Driver.exe
QueueProcessor.o(.text+0x327):QueueProcessor: undefined reference to
`pthread_create'

g++ -Wall Task.o -lpthreads QueueProcessor.o Driver.o -o Driver.exe
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-cygwin/2.9-cygwin-990830/../../../../i686-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot open -lpthreads: No such file or directory

g++ -Wall Task.o -lpthread QueueProcessor.o Driver.o -o Driver.exe
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-cygwin/2.9-cygwin-990830/../../../../i686-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot open -lpthread: No such file or directory

After a bit of web searching, I'm picking up bits of a rumor of a
lack of C++ threads runtime support from Cygwin.  Is this true!?!?!
If so, why would it ship w/ the header files to support object code
compilation!?!  And where can I find a POSIX threads library?  Or any
other usable threads library, for that matter?

This is just the beginning of an attempt to re-trace all the patterns
I consider fundamental to Java development...  It'd be a shame to
have it end here with something so basic.  Am I just missing a simple
compilate flag or environment variable?

about to return to the JDE,
Evan