Re: setup test #5 - RC1

Hallo Charles,

Am 2001-11-02 um 22:44 schriebst du:

[...]
> 8. vim partially installed
>    (This was interrupted by the bluescreen)
> All but the last few files in the archive were installed ok.  The last file
> installed was usr/share/vim/vim60/tutor/tutor (and it was installed
> completely, not partially).

> The missing files (e.g. setup didn't get a chance to install these at all)
> were:
> usr/share/vim/vim60/tutor/tutor.es
[...]
> Of course, since the BSOD occured prior to setup finishing, my
> /etc/installed.db was not updated to reflect the installation of ANY of
> these four packages.
[...]
> I've got personal stuff this evening, but I'll try to hunt this one down
> this weekend if nobody beats me to it.

I remember that there were several people reporting crashes a while ago,
me too, IIRC it has been always the vim package.  Some days later I figured
out that it was a hardware failure, RAM was broken, so occasionally I had a
bluescreen, now I have all my RAM tested (lasts three days for three boxes),
but I know it is ok now.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--