Re: teTeX mktexlsr problem

Thank you for your cooperation:
  I will incorporate this fix in the next release.

Thanks,
Jerome BENOIT

Robert A McDougall wrote:

> mktexlsr misbehaves under Cygwin when $CYGWIN is unset or of zero length.
>
> Typical symptoms are that the web2c filename databases don't get
> made, and TeX, LaTeX etc. can't find their "fmt" files.
>
> The error is in the test mktexlsr uses to decide
> whether to use Un*x- or W*nd*ws-style path separators:
>
> if test -z "$COMSPEC" && test -z "$ComSpec" || test -n "$CYGWIN"; then
>   SEP=':'
> else
>   SEP=';'
> fi
>
> This is wrong because it's possible (and reasonable) to use
> Cygwin without setting the $CYGWIN variable.  Better is:
>
> if test -z "$COMSPEC" && test -z "$ComSpec" || test "x$OSTYPE" = "xcygwin"; then
>   SEP=':'
> else
>   SEP=';'
> fi
>
> >From the mail archive, it seems likely that this was William
> D. Kirby's problem
> (http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-04/msg00471.html).
> Also that Kenta MURATA had the same problem, and proposed an
> alternative solution, namely, unset $COMSPEC
> (http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-04/msg00476.html).
>
> --
> robert mcdougall  .  center for global trade analysis
>
> --

  *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤    Jerome BENOIT, Ph.D.    *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤
                  Institute of Molecular Biology
               Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena
             Winzerlaer Strasse 10, Jena 07745, Germany
  *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤    JGMBenoit@wanadoo.fr    *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤